Friday, April 16, 2010

A week to remember...

I should say a birthday to remember, as I turned 32 this past Tuesday and of course Kyleigh made it so very eventful for me. She was seated in her booster chair that is attached to the dining room chair. She was buckled in safely. I moved to go get her more food when she dropped her spoon and started crying and reaching for it. Before I could get to her she had toppled over, chair and all and bumped her head hard on our wood floors. Luckily, if that is even a word to use in this sentence, she fell on her left side of her head. The surgery was on the right eye so it was not injured but her left eye orbital area began to swell immediately and it appeared she was getting a black eye rather quickly. After an hour of phone calls to doctors we spoke with the surgeon, Dr. Freedman, and she suggested we come in on Wednesday to have her checked. Needless to say I was still too worried to go out for my birthday or celebrate in any fashion. Dennis was so sweet he brought home my favorite food (Japanese) and an icecream birthday cake just for me. So although there was a traumatic event on this birthday it ended with a smile.

The next day I took her to see Dr. Freedman's associate doctor, Alice Lin, because Dr. Freedman was out of town. Dr. Lin said that everything looked fine. Other than scrapes and bruising the fall had not caused any further damage---phew! So glad to hear that news. Now we go back this coming week on Tuesday for her 2nd pre-op appointment for the right eye. Until then we make sure she is wearing Kaitlyn's old pair of glasses as they were so helpful in protecting her during the latest gymnastic event (fall from the chair).

Kaitlyn had a great week at pre-K. She has learned to recite "Little Boy Blue" and she blows me away with new words daily such as "suddenly" and "magical". I love that kid.
I know I'm a little biased being her mommy and all but she is a good seed.

Dennis and I have had a long hard week of working at work and at home. We are so thankful it is the weekend and hoping to find some time to spend as a family.

1 comment:

Sissy said...

I'm so sorry Kyleigh fell! Wow. That must have been a scary moment. I'm glad she is okay.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YAY, Crystal.

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers