Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby on the Way

Well it has been an eventful past few days. I went to my doctor Wednesday morning due to vomiting and extreme painful contractions/pressure. After finding high levels of protein in my urine she decided to send me to the hospital to get checked out. They ended up admitting me after doing blood work and an ultrasound. They are playing it safe and did a 24 hour urine check. That test came back confirming that my levels are indeed high and I could be on my way to having pre-eclampsia. So we knew I would be here until Friday. Friday came and the doctors (both mine and the Women's Fetal Care) decided it was best to keep me over the weekend and repeat the 24 hour urine test on Sunday. So today I am repeating this test, tomorrow repeat the labs and ultrasound. My doctor informed Dennis that there is a strong possibility she will induce labor tomorrow if the tests come back confirming that levels are indeed rising. They are trying to prevent me from becoming sick. We are just praying that baby girl is ready with her weight, lungs and ability to feed. I am 36 weeks today. So, come tomorrow we may just have an addition to our family. Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers