Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prayer and Uncertainty

I just found out last night that someone my husband and I know is expecting their second child soon and they have been told that the baby will only survive for a short period of time due to a genetic disorder where the baby's heart did not develop correctly. This news was disheartening to me and I felt my eyes welling up with tears. All that I have dealt with in the recent birth of Kyleigh and her many medical concerns is nothing compared to this mother carrying her child knowing she will not get but just a short time on this earth to hold the baby. If you have a daily prayer time in your life, please say a prayer for this mom and any mother that is facing challenges today with their children regarding healing and health. I do not have her permission to share her name at this time but just pray and God will know the need. 

On another note, at church this morning I became overcome with the spirit of God as we worshipped. I recently said to a friend of ours, it amazes me how so many people take good health and perfect births for granted and have no idea what it is like to face complications during pregnancy, moments after birth and constant medical challenges. Yet, these are the parents I have noticed do the most whining and complaining of life in general. I just want to say to anyone that fits this description, "Wake up! Your life is blessed and it could be so much worse!". 

Don't get me wrong, I question God almost on a daily basis why Kyleigh was born with so many uncertainties and medical challenges. But I also praise HIS NAME that she was born! Praise HIM that she is growing and gaining and smiling! Praise HIM that I am given strength by him daily to face another day of challenges in raising her. PRAISE HIM for my own mother giving up of her time to watch and take care of her on a daily basis while I work to help provide financially for our home! PRAISE HIM that despite her medical challenges she will overcome and she will lead a fulfilled life one day! 

Just this week our family was touched and blessed by a church that felt led to send us a love offering to help with the expenses of Kyleigh's formula. The money they sent will buy her almost 3 cans!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! 

We are so blessed!!!! We are so blessed!!! We are so blessed!!! 

The closing song at church today was "I'm counting on God" and it speaks volumes as to what my heart feels each and everyday. Just read the words below and if you have never heard it find it online and listen to it--You too will be blessed! 

Counting on God by the Desperation Band

VERSE 1
I’m in a fight not physical
And I’m in a war
But not with this world
You are the light that’s beautiful
And I want more
I want all that’s Yours

PRE-CHORUS
Joy unspeakable that won’t go away
And just enough strength
To live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
‘Cause my faith is on solid rock
I am counting on God

CHORUS
I am counting on
I am counting on God

BRIDGE
The miracle of Christ in me
Is the mystery that sets me free
I’m nothing like I used to be
Open up your eyes you’ll see

I guess all of this was to say, despite the weariness of day in and day out trials we face, if we can and will count on God he will give us the strength we need to get through any day! Have a blessed week! 

2 comments:

KIM said...

SO TRUE! I praise God every day. Adn you are so right to be blessed for your little angels.

Stay strong!

Jennifer Stone said...

Thanks for sharing! I feel God is teaching me constantly to be thankful, by reminding me also of people who have it so much worse. And yet, even those people (believers) are praising and thanking God in the midst of their enormous trials! Praise God for His provision of Kyleigh's formula! That's great. And I like that song, too. My mom often will tell me to stop worrying about something and "put it on HIM!" I love the idea of us counting on God because we know there's nowhere else to go! Love you!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers