Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kyleigh and Kaitlyn-doctor visit

So I picked up my girls today and had to take them to the pediatrician. Kyleigh had been projectile vomitting and Kaitlyn's nose was like a water faucet stuck in the on position. On the drive there both girls were crying. At one point I just had to chuckle out loud because there was absolutely nothing I could do about either one of them crying. I thought to myself, "I might as well laugh because someone is up in heaven looking down and laughing as if this was better than re-run shows of Cosby". Then I called a friend to talk to her, even though she couldn't hear me very well because of the crying, and told her I had to share the irony of the situation because I couldn't call "TBS" and have them verify that it was indeed funny. Anyways, Kyleigh stopped crying first and then started talking and cooing. Kaitlyn finally stopped crying too. 

At the doctor's office they determined it was definitely Kaitlyn's allergies and it was time for a double dose of allergy meds. She is now taking both Claritin and Singulair. I hope it helps for her sake because she is miserable. Kyleigh was the picture of health this visit according to the doctor. She weighed in at a 9 lb 8 oz - woohoo!!!! Her ears were perfectly clear- no infection! He didn't think the vomitting was viral but instead related to reflux. So back to the GI doc we go. I will call them in the morning. I am so glad she isn't sick though. She has been a happy little girl this evening. In fact, she is usually asleep by now and she is lying on our bed wide awake looking at the fan and light. 

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I am glad you decided to laugh, cause three women crying in a car is not good. I'm also glad that Kyleigh is gaining weight. Very proud day for Momma, I'd say.

Jennifer Stone said...

You're funny...calling TBS :) I've had those moments too. Good for you, to simply laugh in that moment! I agree, that's what we should do. So glad for Kyleigh's good news with her weight and not having a viral infection. Hope Kaitlyn's new allergy meds will give her some relief, poor girl!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers