Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update for the New Year 2010

We celebrated Christmas with our 3rd annual Foster breakfast/brunch. The grandparents came and we enjoyed each other's company. Kaitlyn opened all the presents including most of Kyleigh's. We captured her on camera waking this morning and coming out to find that "Santa" had come. It was perfect. She was so excited that he brought her the violin she had asked for even if it was purple. My grandma Maynard came for breakfast too as grandpa was in the hospital and we didn't want her alone on Christmas morning. It was such a treat to have her at our home. Grandpa came home from the hospital by the evening. We finished up Christmas at my mamaw's for dinner. Papaw was not feeling well and was in bed, we feared that he had suffered another stroke.

New's Year Day came during our sleep as we are just too old to stay up to midnight these days. I am personally glad to have 2009 in the past and looking forward to what 2010 may bring us. I pray for a break in medical expenses and developmental gains for the girls and lots of laughter in our house. Soon we will face the first hospitalization of the year with Kyleigh's surgery on Jan 28th. Until then we play each day and work towards small goals.

In fact, today, she had some puffs on her high chair tray and she captured one in her small hand. She manipulated it to her little pincher fingers and took it to her mouth. Yes indeed, my sweet angel fed herself a puff for the first time today!!!! Wooohooo! and shouts of Hallelujah!! rang from my lips as I clapped and jumped for joy. I then called my mom and texted people including her OT. I was so proud. Of course, she refused to do it again but just smiled at me with her goofy grin and opened wide like a little bird waiting for me to give her another. Gotta love her. But it is a start and it shows progress and I need these signs of progress to keep me motivated. This SAHM (stay at home mom) stuff is difficult in more ways than one. I need these moments of success to remind me why I am home right now with her and that it is the most important job I will ever have in my lifetime.

With that said, Happy New Year a few days late, may 2010 bring us all more happiness and good news to share with the world!

1 comment:

Sissy said...

One puff at a time, right? Congrats on a milestone!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers