Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sadness in our Home

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 I have an MRI/MRA scan at Greensboro Imaging.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 I have one of my worst headaches and stay home from school to recover 1/2 day. I find the results out by the doctor's office calling to check on me and finding I was having a migraine again they sent me to the ER. The MRA detected two brain aneurisms.

Thursday May 12, 2011 Dennis and I met with a radiology interventionist at Moses Cone Hospital. He described my two aneurisms as being opthalamic paired (one on each side of the brain). I must have surgery to repair. Surgery should happen within the next 2 weeks and then repeat the other side in 3-4 weeks.

Friday, May 13, 2011 Dennis falls under the pressures that had been weighing him down for so long and took his own life at our home while we were all sleeping.

This was the worst day of my life.

Saturday and Sunday are all a blur.

Monday, May 16th I privately viewed his body, his wishes were to be cremated although we have had many a disagreements about the topic I honored his request and held only a private family viewing. I had a long talk with Dennis that night and I still have unanswered questions but I will never forget that moment with him.

Tuesday, May 17th 2011 Memorial Service in his honor were hundreds came to celebrate his life, yet all I could do was mourn his death.

Wednesday, May 18th another day that passes me by as I long to be with my best friend. Another day my girls cry out for their daddy. Another long day.

Thursday, May 19th I sit here wondering when will we all move out of this deep dark sadness. I miss him.

To my husband, father of my children, my very best friend, Dennis James Foster, Jr.
I will always love you and be "Amazed".


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You have been an amazing pillar of strength for your girls. Heaven is not so far away. Some day you will see Dennis again and he will wrap his arms around you and hold you tight. Love to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Know that you are loved and cherished. We are here for you if you or the girls need anything. Praying God's peace hovers over you and your house.

Sissy said...

All weekend we've been trying to find the words for all that has happened, starting with your headaches and ending with the memorial. It has been a week full of one horrible event after another. I'm glad you were able to sit and talk to Dennis and tell him all the things I know you are feeling. At the memorial, I was so sad, knowing how special you are and what he left behind. As these days and weeks go by, I hope you will continue to call on your family, friends and most of all, Jesus, for peace and comfort. While I have never been where you are, I have known deep loss, and the most healing thing beyond Jesus, is the passing of time. You are loved. So loved.

RevMommy said...

My heart is very heavy for you and your sweet girls. Love and continuous prayers from the Fitzgeralds. May you find strength for each minute and each day, knowing that at any given time, people are pounding God's door with prayer.

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers