Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Faith


This Christmas is a little different around my house.  But one thing remains and that is the tradition of Christmas Eve service at church. This year the sermon was about humility and how it plays a role in the story of Jesus. It was also about faith.  My favorite part of the service is always the end with the candlelight and singing of Silent Night. But this year, as I began to sing, I choked. Tears flowed down my face as I attempted to sing. I just let them. I am holding on to that word faith as we move into Christmas and the New Year. The pastor said that “we have to have faith and believe that Jesus has everything I need”.  Those words have been echoing through my mind these last few weeks. No matter the current circumstances, no matter my fears, Jesus is everything. During a recent time spent with my dad, he told me this is where faith comes in. We must make the decision to believe that God is working all things out for our good. For me, that means He is working out all things for my family and close friends. Other than my own plans for Christmas tomorrow, I really don’t know what the future brings. My prayer right now is that God will help me with my faith. I will work to be humble and have faith.  
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers