Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Have Been Blessed....

Wow....If a blessing from a church that you don't even attend doesn't give us an attitude check up I don't know what would do it for us. Just 2 weeks ago we decided it was in the best interest of Kyleigh's health and well-being and in agreement with her doctors' that I go on medical leave for six months to care for Kyleigh at home. The goal is to get her back on track developmentally and physically so that she can have the cleft palate repair surgery. My being home is allowing me to focus on her therapies, doctor appointments and taking care of things that normally were pushed to the side because I was working full-time. Since I have been home Kyleigh has learned to sit up for longer periods of time and is tolerating standing on her feet while holding on to your hands. However, she hasn't been much for doing anything since Friday because she has been so sick with the flu. Kaitlyn is finally getting over her flu but she still has a terrible cough that sounds like she is very sick. She has been fever free now for over 2 1/2 days so we plan to send her to pre-K tomorrow as she is missing her teacher and friends badly (mommy longs for her to go back so she doesn't have to pretend play preK anymore and get told I am doing it wrong by a 4 year old).

My mom came by the house today with a present from her church. They had sent us a check to use to help with expenses for Kyleigh. I was able to cash the check today and go straight to the pharmacy to purchase much needed prescriptions for her and cough medicine for Kaitlyn. Thank you!!! They also sent an overabundance of non-perishable goods to our pantry. We have a pantry stocked full of canned goods, some items for Kaitlyn such as cereal, poptarts, cookies :), and even some eggs and bread. As I was putting away the groceries in our outdoor pantry and inside pantry I was overcome with emotions. How is it possible that we are so blessed by people in a church that only know us from stories told by my parents? Why is the God I cursed and was angry at so willing to send food and supplies to my family?

I guess what I know is that sometimes I get bogged down with the trials of life we are facing each day that I forget that I am promised to have a future and that it takes faith to withstand trials. It is definitely a leap of faith for me to be out of work and unpaid for 6 months but I have only been rewarded so far for this decision. Rewarded by the parents of my classroom applauding me and wishing me well, rewarded by the time spent with Kyleigh and seeing her sit up on her own for several minutes just last week, rewarded by having time to do preK work with Kaitlyn, rewarded that I can spend time with my family and now a pantry full of food. Wow....so on this rainy day where stress has not disappeared from our home I can still stand up and say, "I'm okay. It's a good day. I am so blessed."

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I am so glad you experienced His love today! I know everything has been so difficult lately, and at least you now have a pantry full of food.

Jennifer Stone said...

Wow, after reading you last several entries, what a transition this was! How neat that God brought you out of that "pit" and reminded you of His love and provision. I'm sorry things continue to be ROUGH...I know God's been reminding me that my negatives thoughts breed contempt but thankfulness breeds peace. How wonderful to see you able to say you are blessed, and thankful! Go God! :)

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers