Thursday, November 19, 2009

11 months ago---and counting

Here is a pic of our 11 month old girl today --
Kyleigh turned 11 months old today. That means in one month she will be a year. YIKES!!! Where did the time go? It is so hard to imagine her as a one year old since she is behind developmentally. She is such a happy baby most days though so I can't complain about that. We have a surgery date for her cleft palate repair scheduled for January 28th. This gives her time to get through the holidays (first birthday, Christmas, and all of the gatherings in between). Plus it gives her time to possibly gain another pound or two before then. She is currently 14 lbs 2 oz and 70.8 cm long. She is a growing. She has recently increased her time sitting up to 10 minutes without support and she rolled over from belly to back again today. The rolling was a skill she had down pat but she stopped and I was so relieved to see her do it again today with some prompting of course; nonetheless, she rolled. I am excited to have the surgery scheduled now so we can prepare better for the date. It gives us time after surgery to help her recuperate before I am scheduled to return to work. However, I have the biggest butterflies in my stomach right now thinking about it and anticipating what to expect as the outcome. Will she do well? Will she recover quickly? Will there be a lot of pain? Will she regress in her developmental milestones we are finally achieving? Will she bounce back just as quickly and take off to become the overachieving little girl we dreamed of? So many questions and too many to type here.

What I do know is that the unknown is terrifying but I am learning to keep my faith in God to take care of her. I am being constantly reminded through the sermon series at our church this month that we must not have unrealistic expectations of life and perspective is everything. God is giving me such a wonderful opportunity to capitalize on my time home with Kyleigh and he is working on her physical development daily. But he is also working on me- making me a better mom, wife, and overall person. I have had a song stuck in my head playing over and over again for the past month by Sandy Patti called "Masterpiece". It speaks to all I truly believe that both of my girls are and will become. If you have never listened to it before I urge you to google the lyrics or find it on iTunes and listen. It is beautiful! It will make you cry or bring mist to your eyes so be prepared. Here is a look into the lyrics -

Before you had a name or opened up your eyes
Or any one could recognize your face
You were being formed so delicate inside
Secluded in God’s safe and hidden place

With your little tiny hands and little tiny feet
And little eyes that shimmer like a pearl
He breathed in you a
song and to make it all complete
He brought the masterpiece into the world

[Chorus]
You are a Masterpiece a new creation he has formed
And you’re as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn
And I’m so glad that God has given you to me
Little lamb of God, you are a Masterpiece.

And now you’re growing up, your life’s a miracle
Every time I look at you I stand in awe
Because I see in you a reflection of me
And you’ll always be my little lamb from God

And as your life goes on each day, how I pray that you will see
Just how much your life has meant to me
And I’m so proud of you, what else is there to say
Just be the masterpiece He created you to be.

Chorus-repeat

So as you can see I am just believing that God has given me to beautiful girls to raise and both of them are truly a "Masterpiece". They have their flaws but they are growing up and changing daily. I thank God every day that Kyleigh only has the cleft palate and not the lip. It seems silly but I think God knew that I just needed that one little piece of perfection in that both my girls have "lipstick" lips at birth. Okay, so maybe that is a bit vain but I still thank him daily that we aren't dealing with multiple surgeries due to a cleft palate and cleft lip. We pray that all we have to do is one surgery on the palate. We know he is touching her eyes and ears. We know he has given Kaitlyn the ability to use her better eye and she is moving forward with leaps and bounds. Sometimes I just wish I could see what was coming around the corner so I could be prepared with excitement in my voice or a tissue in my hand but all I know right now is to hold tight to friends, family and faith. Thanks for listening.


No comments:

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers