Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Turn me Around

Kyleigh has been hanging on to her slow weight gain and not getting close enough to 20 lbs. I have been a stickler with the 20 lb rule for turning her car seat around to face forward. Although many have told me it is 20 lb or 1 year I have always thought 1 year and 20lbs was safer. I was just so afraid that if I turn her seat too soon and then there was an accident that caused her injury I would blame myself because she didn't weigh enough to turn around. But recently, my very sweet girl that doesn't usually mind the car has started her toddler defiance of bucking when getting into her seat. Her legs were always folded up into her chest and she just looked so uncomfortable. Not sure where the long legs come from because it sure isn't from me :) Anyways, I gave in and turned her Britax Convertible seat around yesterday and she loves it. She is all smiles once again in the car. She claps along with music, plays with her toys and just smiles. I love it and she does too! Hopefully we can get her weighed this week and find that she is so close to 20 lbs that it doesn't matter. I never thought I would still have a 17 month old rear-facing in the car. She will always be my little petite, unless like her mom she hits puberty and gets the hips and butt from out of the clear blue sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.saferchild.org/carseat.htm

You were right when you said 20lbs AND 1 year so correct your friend!

Sissy said...

I'm glad she is happier in the car now! And you know you love that booty!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers