Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's May already...

It is so hard to believe that it is May 2012 already .... 
In one week it will be Mother's Day...but...
it will also be the one year anniversary of the day my husband committed suicide. One year since I woke up and found him dead. One year since my world completely titled on its axis and the universe stopped spinning in the correct direction. One year since everything I trusted made sense. One year since I could hold a two way conversation with the love of my life. One year since my children could talk to their daddy without praying and looking up to heaven with tear stained faces. Our grieving process feels like it has only begun. We are trying to enjoy our blessings of a new home but there is still the constant reminder that he is missing, things as simple as a table with four chairs when we are now a family of three. 


However, we rest in the promise of Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 


Despite our loss and pain, we rest in knowing that there is hope and future for the girls and myself and our future is going to fulfill a purpose. 


In the meantime, if you pray...truly pray.... then keep praying for us that the girls will find a release of their anger and anxiety soon. Pray that I will find peace and enjoy the company of my girls again soon. Pray for grace as we approach this last "first" we face together. If you can support us and offer compassion then please be available to talk or listen whether you know the words to say or not. 

1 comment:

Sissy said...

I pray for you and haven't stopped praying for you! I know these firsts will be hard, but we can get through it.

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers