Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funny Sayings

So Kaitlyn is saying some of the cutest things lately. Dennis took her to preschool this morning and she said as they were pulling out of the driveway - "Look Daddy, the moon". Then as they crossed the bridge Dennis said "Yes Kaitlyn I see the moon, look". Then a few minutes later Kaitlyn said, "Daddy, Why is the moon following us?". So cute. Dennis tried to explain that the moon isn't following them rather it is always in the sky. Not so sure she understood. 

When Kaitlyn arrives and leaves her preschool class she signs in and out using a polar bear with her name printed on it. She is learning how to recognize her name and can find it more times than not. Well, today when Dennis picked her up from preschool she walked up to the board and picked off her polar bear immediately. Dennis asked her, "How did you know that was your name?". He thought she might say because she saw the "K", but instead she said matter of factly - "cause I'm smart". She is smart and cute--gotta love her. 

On another note, the other day when our trip to Duke was so difficult I found humor in our situation and it made my mom laugh until she almost cried. So I thought I would share it with everyone else. I put myself in Kyleigh's shoes so to speak and wondered what conversation she might have been having with God on Monday and in my mind it went a little like this--

"Dear God, I think I might not understand what is going on with my mommy today. She woke me up early and made me get in the carseat to ride for a long time.  Then when we finally made it to where we were going she let people poke me in the eye multiple times and I cried but they wouldn't stop bothering me. Then she took me to another place and let them mess with my ears by poking in them--again I cried but it didn't make it stop. I'm so hungry but everytime my mommy gives me a bottle I can't get any milk out of it. God, is this some cruel joke my mommy is playing on me or what? I think I might want a new mommy. Please reply". 

Then I imagined God holding her in his arms and replying, "My angel baby, I know you have had a rough day and yes your mommy seems out of sorts today. She too hears your cries and wishes to take away your pain. She is only allowing the people to poke and bother you because she is trying to help you. As for the milk, well we are all working on fixing that for you just keep trying and know that your mommy will be "new" again soon". 

I sure hope Kyleigh accepted his reply because I can't help but think it must be hard to be an innocent baby that can't speak or defend itself in the hardships of life. Not sure if this story made you laugh as I think it may have more caused a chuckle or two if you could hear me say it out loud. 

1 comment:

Jennifer Stone said...

That brought tears to my eyes!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers