Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Waiting...Waiting...Waiting..and Praying

We arrived safely to Raleigh last night and stayed with our friends Heather and Stephen. Kyleigh rested well because she slept in the swing for over half the night and the rest of the time she slept on her daddy's chest. When we got to Duke this morning, they took us straight back and started to get her ready. Once again she is in a huge gown for such a little baby girl. All seemed well until we met with the doctor. We spoke of how her right eye (the one from surgery last week) was pink and cloudy. She questioned us about how long it appeared this way and about eyedrops. My heart skipped a beat. Eyedrops??? We emailed her on Saturday asking about whether the orders were correct and we were supposed to stop eyedrops. She never replied yes or no, instead she responded for us to do a different eyedrop. I guess I should have re-asked the question because as it turns out it may have compromised her eye. She should have been getting all drops for the past week, not just the three days post-op. I wanted to throw up right then. I started shaking and crying. What if it is all my fault. I can't believe this. Of course the doctor said she felt responsible too for not making the directions clearer to me. Oh my goodness. Immediatlely I began praying and so did Dennis. Within 30 minutes the doctor came out and told us that she was fine. That the right eye was okay and we didn't need to worry, she was sorry if she overreacted to the mistake and wanted us to know it was okay before beginning cataract surgery on the left. PRAISE GOD!!! So now, we sit in the waiting room and we are just waiting and praying that this surgery is successful.

No comments:

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers