Sunday, February 1, 2009

Journey to Recovery

It has been a long 4 days since her first surgery. Kyleigh decreased her eating and started running a fever on Friday night of 100.5. We took her to the doctor on Saturday and they ran a urine analysis and blood work to rule out a bacterial infection. Her nasal passage has remained clogged and congested on the left side. She was extremely cranky. All of the lab work came back normal so they asked us to bring her back in on Sunday. 

She continued running a fever through the night and started having diarrhea. At the same time she was only taking in about 1 oz at a time. This morning at the pediatrician she weighed 6 lbs 9 oz which is a 4 oz loss from Saturday - just 24 hours prior. It seems she had contracted a virus and was on the way out of it since the fever and diarrhea were subsiding. We have had to start antibiotic eye drops on the left eye to make sure it doesn't get infected as the mucous from her nose creeps up into the eye. 

As if this wasn't enough to keep me hopping, Dennis and I both started having crampy stomachs today and Kaitlyn was complaining of a tummy ache. Low and behold Kaitlyn leaned over to hug me and threw up all over me and the floor -- lovely!!! It's official..I have a house of sickness!! Seriously, could life get any more complicated for us. Someone has been sick in this house since the week Kyleigh was born. Enough is enough already---I need everyone healthy!!! 

Okay...I'm through with my ranting, but seriously could we get a break from sickness anytime soon? 

3 comments:

Sissy said...

My, my sweet Crystal! I pray that you all are healthy soon. It's hard to rest when you are all sick! Yikes.

Arlene said...

Oh you poor thing - you must be climbing the walls with all the sickness. I am sure Spring can't come soon enough for you all.

Kathy Sims said...

You mentioned a dr. name in a previous post....and now a mention of "Sunday office visit" confirms where you are. Gso Peds.? If so, I love those folks! I've been with them since Nich was a "little" thing. You're in good hands there. The eye surgery will go well, all sickness will be over (all of us had it last week....along with Sean and asthma!), and it will be spring, as one of your friends said. Take care!!!

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers