Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Weekend




Our weekend began with me spending Friday night at home with both girls. Dennis was at school helping his PTA with a fundraiser. They raised over $1000 which meant he had to sleep on the roof of the school. We (I) missed him very much that night after the girls went to bed. 

Saturday morning the doorbell rang and Dennis was there to give me a long stem rose, card and a kiss. How sweet! He also had a present for Kaitlyn which thrilled her. Kaitlyn and I went to the circus with our friend Kristen Porter. Kaitlyn really enjoyed it. Her favorite part was the elephants and I really liked the tigers. She got a flashing light as a souvenier as well as a wizard hat that came with the cotton candy we brought back for Dennis. 

Saturday night my aunt Sabrina came over to watch the girls while Dennis and I headed out for a date. Yes a date!!! I got all dressed up with a skirt and even wore hose because I was so excited to be going out with my hubby for the first time since the day before Kyleigh was born. We went to our traditional Japanese steakhouse "Fire and Sticks" for dinner. It was delicious.  Kaitlyn enjoyed playing Candy Land with my aunt. 

Sunday we were able to get to church as a family unit for the very first time. It was my first time back since Thanksgiving. Wow---it was a good service. I enjoyed the music. I spent most of the sermon in the vestibule area because Kyleigh was fussy and then she had to eat but it was still worth it. 

This afternoon Kristen came over and we made my infamous chicken pan pie together -- it turned out great with a few additions of green beans and corn that Kristen suggested. 

All in all I would have to say it has been a memorable weekend and enjoyable with family and friends. 

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I am glad you got a night out! And I know how nice it is to be in church when you haven't been in awhile.

Have I ever had chicken pan pie? Don't think so...better share that recipe.

Jennifer Stone said...

I'm so glad you had a great Valentine's day! Sounds quite fun and romantic, too! :) But Dennis, sleeping on the school roof?? I must hear the whole story...

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers