Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day

We awoke this morning to a dusting of snow on the ground. Schools were closed but Dennis still had to go into work. Kaitlyn, Kyleigh and I were just planning to hang out in the house and when Dennis got home Kaitlyn could go out in the snow. But that plan backfired when I looked out the window at noon and saw grass and pavement. Oh no --- the snow was melting fast and Dennis wasn't home from work yet. So, I got Kyleigh down for a nap and Kaitlyn to eat her sandwich. Then we bundled up and headed outside to draw shapes in what was left of the snow on the driveway. Kaitlyn wanted so badly to build a snowman but she had to settle for drawing one instead and making a snowball with the little bit of snow still on my car. Needless to say I think it satisfied her need to "play" in the snow - thankfully. However, it won't be long before she will wise up to how snow days work and we won't be able to get by with giving her only 5 minutes in the driveway. I feel so bad that she didn't get to spend more time but I hoping to get a much better snow day next time and maybe she will have boots to wear by then. 

No comments:

style="background: url(http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ready-or-nautical-free-blog-background-3C.jpg) center top fixed no-repeat !important;">

Followers

Blog Archive